miFOOT
Display all language article |
Enable My Location | Register member | Display Language:
|
Food
Food |
Hotels
Hotels |
Shops
Shops |
Entertainment
Entertainment |
Resorts
Resorts |
Attractions
Attractions |
Transportations
Transportations |
Others
Others |
My Location
Location |
Canada Food

Place: Tremblant Canada - La cabane à sucre

Month Viewed: 14 | Total Viewed: 2866 |

Cabane a Sucre de la Montagne 
You know you live in Canada when you can make authentic maple taffy on snow. Maple taffy, or tire sur la neigh is traditionally made from pure maple syrup, that is heated, and poured on crushed ice or snow.
tire sur la neige
tire sur la neige
This brings back memories from school trips we had to Quebec in the winter– the whole class would run up to street vendors and wait in line to pour their own tire sur la neige.
Tire sur la neige
It's very common in Quebec, but most people outside don't know about the tradition of cabanes à sucre (sugar shacks) because well… 95% of world's maple syrup production is made here (the remaining 5% are from the northern states and a bit of ontario) but it's really something you have to try
Maple Taffy on Snow


Karen S., 2011-09-18 00:57:57
Karen S.'s previous footprint Karen S.'s next footprint
Vaughan Canada - Build A Bear Workshop Toronto Canada - Stone Grill on Winchester
Recommend "Tremblant Canada - La cabane à sucre"

Facebook members comments for Tremblant Canada - La cabane à sucre
Sign in

La cabane à su... Map

Tips:
Use the GPS mobile device to browse this page and to navigate to - La cabane à sucre

La cabane à su... Leader

Karen S.'s Profile
Karen S.'s other articles

In Canada

Toronto - Mamma's PizzaToronto - Mamma's Pizza
Richmond Hill - Alice FazoolisRichmond Hill - Alice Fazoolis
Richmond Hill - The Melting PotRichmond Hill - The Melting Pot
TORONOT GTA - La SociétéTORONOT GTA - La Société
North York - Puff CafeNorth York - Puff Cafe

Home | Forum Discuss | Discount Hotel Rooms | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | FAQ | About miFOOT |
RSS
RSS
Copyright © 2010-2019, miFOOT, All Rights Reserved.